Who’s Minding the Books?
As a small to mid-size business owner, the tasks you excel at probably correlate to the type of business you operate or at least your primary role in the organization. Keeping on top of bookkeeping, paying bills and reconciling accounts probably isn’t near the top of the list – if it is even on the list.
Unless you are an accountant, you probably aren’t thinking of keeping your books and records neat and up-to-date. However, there are significant benefits to keeping accurate records that can benefit your business tremendously. Accurate records can help decision makers know exactly how decisions will impact the business, such as: what is the most profitable business line? How much cash flow can be generated in a month? Can I really afford that shiny new equipment sparkling on the showroom floor? Staying up-to-date also alleviates that sense of dread that looms whenever you know you have an unpleasant task ahead – like filing taxes. It’s a much smoother process if the bookkeeping is current, orderly, and makes sense before starting on the tax returns.
Luckily, as technology has advanced, there are more solutions that help keep you on top of the proverbial mountain of paperwork and we can help you implement it. Or better yet, just take care of it for you. It is now possible to streamline tasks to stay abreast of what is happening in your business and that work can be done with much less input from you than in the past.
Suggested ways we can assist with your accounting needs:
- Automate payment of bills – we use an online program that reads, stores and talks to your accounting system for a much more efficient and accountable bill pay solution.
- Record payroll transactions with the click of a button – we can assist to set up the integration between your payroll processing and your general ledger.
- Access your records from anywhere you are – and share with any applicable users. There are several solutions in this arena, we can help you make the best choice.
- If looking at a blizzard of numbers is overwhelming, we can help create a more graphic or table-based way to view your results that you understand better.
- If you just need someone to take over some of the accounting roles on a short-term or ongoing basis, we can connect you with one of our very capable accountants. We have staff with a wide variety of specialties.
Our talented team also can assist you with planning a business acquisition or sale, setting a strategic plan, planning for family business succession, creating budgets and forecasts, or looking for business fraud. If it involves numbers, we can probably help. Leave it to us, so you can get back to your business.